The history of the estate began during the Revolution when Nicolas Fétizon, a direct ancestor of Brice, acquired a property on the land of Bouzy which, under the Ancien Régime, belonged to the nobility or the clergy.
The estate resisted the various crises of the 19th and 20th centuries (wars, phyloxera, economic difficulty) because of its agricultural activities. Until the beginning of the 70’s, our family had a farm in addition to its vineyards.
In 1945, René BRICE took over the exploitation, modernizing it and finishing post-phyloxeric replantations. He enlarged the family cellars and launched the first Brice Champagne bottles.
In 1964, Jean-Paul BRICE, returned to the family estate developed the vineyard in the department of Aube. In 1994, he breathed new life into the family by becoming a ‘Negociant’ and a member of the Champagne Houses Union (CIVC); this allowed us to stock up on grapes for the harvest, thus ensuring, in addition to our own harvests, the development of production.
In 2004, Remi and Jean-René BRICE joined the Champagne House. They purchased cellars in the heart of Bouzy that had been dug in the 19th century and that has a capacity of over 500,000 bottles. They also opened a pressing centre to process additional grape deliveries.